ok so im the only girl in my post and an on top of that im the chief of the post. i get the feeling some of the guys don't like this but im not sure. especially since i beat them at some of our drills. do any of you guys have girls in your posts and what do you think about this matter? please let me.

Views: 932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know what in this case you should keep doing your best and just ignore them, as a guy I think it is no fair just because your the only girl in your post.
Hello Chelsea: Roughly 30% of our fire department is women, and any given day I wouldn't put it past any one of them to out do me at anything on the fire ground or around the hall. Personally I think having women on the dpt tames us guys down a bit. When it comes down to it we are all there for the same cause, and it shouldn't matter if a woman or guy is performing the task at hand. Besides women all ready have it, they live longer and have alot more patence than us guys, so just grin and ignor it.

As long as you do your best, that' all that matters

Have a Great Christmas!!
I am with Post 475 with the Shaker Road Loundville Fire Department and we have about 5 girls in the post and they are really good at firefighting and who cares what the guys say the girls should just do what they do best!
There is nothing wrong with this as long as they can do the job. We don't have any, but they are more then welcome to come and join
My post does have girls and personally I don't care.
Well im one of the leaders over our cadets and yes we do have girls on our post. I think its a great idea for any interested individual to get involved with now matter what gender they are. yes you are going to have some who might think differently but that just should give you more incentive to prove their believes wrong. but good luck in the future and dont let others keep you from doing something you love and want to do.
We have a relatively new post at my department (just over 2 years). We have 3 females out of the 8 members. There does not seem to be any resistance by the male expolorers to follow the lead of the ranking female (the other two just joined 2 months ago). Woudl be interested to hear what kind of drills your explorers are doing. I have been helping the advisor a bit with suggestions but I am running out of ideas that are not crossing the line in to instructional items I use for firefighters and do not want to go too far in to that realm.

Rob
Don't let it bother you. We have 4 girls in a join police and fire explorer post here in my town 2 of which are ranking officers in the post. remember that The fire service is slow to change form time to time and some people still don't think that girls can do the job. Well let me tell you I and friends with several female fire fighters that I would trust with my life when it comes to this job. So keep doing what you are doing and don't worry about the guys think you r actions on being able to do the job will speak for themselves.
so, not true.
who cares what the guys think, let them think what they want.
if you wanna do it, go ahead.
if you want the guys to like you,
don't go picking with them.

simple as that.
lol i think that is the coolest thing lol i am a jr of my dept and i respond on calls i have a pager and i have some medical things but we just got r first girl and she is a jr and it just happend and i respect having girls on r depts bc im also part of a group that is jrs in the town over and there is a girl and she is good and i think its awsome and u should feel proud show em up lol
I was the only girl in my Level I Firefighter class, and I am the only girl in my Level II class now. I love being a girl around all these goofball guys. Yeah I am the center of plenty of jokes being the only girl, but thats okay, because I know I am respected for being a girl in this profession. Honestly, you gotta learn to not let things get to you. Behind every successful person is a pack of haters. Thats how it is. I wouldn't worry about things honestly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service