This movie is about a firefighter and his marriage.

http://cinemarv.com/fireproof-trailer/

Watch the Trailer.

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

During this movie I will stay awake for the fire scenes!
Thanks for the information I will be sure to check it out.

TCSS,
Cat :o)
Looks pretty "preachy," and focused on a particular religious group.

GM
Yea...the trailer was pretty smarmy, but it will (probably) be fun to pick apart the technical aspects of the film. But I've got a sneaking suspicion it's gonna end up being a slap in the face to a lot of us...
OMG
This looks so churchie. I might see it just to make fun of it.
1 thing that stands out from the trailer, look at their lids. What captain has a lid that looks like it was just pulled out of the box?
i mite go see that
it is surpose to be good but we will see lol
Again with the picking apart...

We complain that there arent more firefighter movies, yet every time someone does one all we get is this crap from monday morning qb's!

Someone is making a movie about our chosen profession.
Support it.
Do you think every cop is like "Bad Boys" or "Dirty Harry". Not even close, but it makes for great entertainment. It's a freaking movie...not a training film.

Smarmy??? Smarmy...really???

For the Love of Pete! Do you even know what smarmy mens?
Wictionary Definition (falsely earnest or smug)

Go watch "Facing the Giants" a great film by the same makers, and yes from a Baptist Church in Georgia, and no I am not Baptist, to be quite honest I am not crazy about the Southern Baptist Church at all.
However...I am a Christian and will support moviemakers who produce good wholesome entertainment that I can take my childeren to see.

So if you have issues with Christian views of right and wrong stay home, this one wont be for you.
I know that I'm guilty, spending alot of time around the firehouse.
My wife she supports me in a way, but not to spend all my time around the firehouse. I know she won't come near here!
Heard more times than I care to remember from my boys mom that she was a single parent with two incomes.
It took getting divorced for me to realize just how much I was gone.
For those of us on the job, it means minimum 53 hours a week and for some of us 72+.
For you guys at volunteer departments, remember tho ones at home when you are hanging out at the station instead of spending time with family.

Thanks for that thought Sean...
I thought it looked good, didn't notice the preachiness (maybe we need a little more faith of any kind), didn't know it was Kirk Cameron (loved him as a kid... haha)! It's less about firefighting and more about the strains it can place on a family/couple, I'll go and see it!
It is definitely not a move that is going to wow you with fire scenes. It is far from Ladder 49 or Backdraft in terms of that.

Its more about marriage (and yes, religion) ... so just be prepared.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service