I'm sorry ladies but I come from a small dept. and I am the only woman. What exactly is a ladies auxiliary?

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The auxillay here is composed of men and women who can not take the class to become fireman,or wifes of fireman. or people in the community who just want to help.. What the auxillary here does is hold fund raisers for their own means to buy stuff so that when there is a fire they are there to pretty much feed and hydrate the fireman... They are called out by the fire man chief as being needed on scene.. Some have their own call out numbers thru dispatch... It is a hard job your up in the middle of the night helping and as a fireman we love ya....
you can google it. Not just ladies- is like support crew. Help with canteen, fundraising, cooking. Depends on department. Historically was back before women were firefighters, but helped in non-combat ways.
yes we've got one too, but as the years pass on it seems to be less and less they do for use, its a busier life style I guess for everyone or maybe just a burn out thing, but they are great when they help use out:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service