All FireFighters Support this great idea to make a National Firefighter Day on 9/11.

All Firefighters please support Jon Leahys idea of making 9/11 a National Firefighter Day out of respect to all Firefighters in this great country of ours I would think all the Brothers&Sisters that gave their lives For the Supreme Sacrifise on 9/11 would be smiling down from Heaven knowing that all Firefighters are being recognized on 9/11 as the National Firefighter Day in The United States. I hope all politicians see this and all the firefighters support this for Jon Leahy who lost his father in NY on 9/11 what a wonderfull idea.Firefighter Hugh Fawcett-Station57 -Irwin PA-Westmoreland County

Views: 549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the idea, but I thought September 11th was already designated as "Patriot Day". At least that's what my calendars say.
You're going to have an up hill fight with this since the feds already have designated it as Patriot Day.
Still it would be great to have a day dedicated to the fallen fire fighters of our country.
i like the idea i suppport you 100%
I agree 9/11 should be a day of honor for all firefighters. Patriot Day is basically the same as Independence Day,except most states wont allow fireworks on that day. Big deal ! WE FIGHT FIRE EVERY DAY AND SHOULD BE RECOGNIZED !!!!!
I said it would be great to have a day for the fallen but it should be other than 9/11 . I know we lost 343 that day but a total of 2,974 people lost their lives that day, not including the 19 hijackers , with 24 still missing . That day is for the people who died on that day . I would like to see it come on a month like August there is not much then .
Great idea, have a day dedicated to the fallen fire fighters of our country, to quote Damon Dyer.
sounds awesome to me:)
I respect all of my brothers and sisters suggestions and Thank You for your input I want everyone to know that I am not against anyones feelings but I feel We truly should have a National Firefighters&Paramedics&Policemens Day as a National Holiday. I think the American people would be in favor of this and they would be very proud knowing we have such a day.Hughie 57 House I like to hear everyones ideas because thats how we always get the best for our fine men and women that are vets and are active.
I completely agree with this! You know, Patriot day is great, we should remember our fallen brothers and sisters from 9/11 but don't we who still live and breathe deserve a little appreciation of our own??
Robbie-
You fight fires every day? I'm moving to your town!
Why don't we research the date that Benjamin Franklin started the first fire department, and go from there? just a thought. Stay safe people!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service