I need some good training ideas for my explorers. So if anyone has any good ideas please let me know we need all the help we can get. Thanks. STAY SAFE.

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are some I do with our Jr's. Hose maze, Time trials with gear. Practice changing bottles on SCBA, overhaul. There are a few. What all can you explorers do? Practice the skills they need to be usefull on the fire ground.
I would say an important thing in addition to that is keep them active and involved. I am currently a cadet and right now we have done no training aside from the department offerings, which really is only supplement to a full fire 1 course. We did a basic over view on tapping a hydrant but never charged a line. Right now I feel rather let down and like I am not learning much on the fire side. So make sure you have your guys active and give them some hands on things to do.
Search And Rescue Put Them Through A Maze On Air Cover Up The Facemask Develops Teamwork And Leadership Skills, Ladders How To Properly Heel Ladders How To Properly Operate A Ladder. Have Them Work 2 Minute Dress Outs, Practice On SCBA Refills And Change Outs. Hose Streams And Loads Start Them Young So They'll Be Prepared For The Future
thanks those are some great ideas thats kinda what weve been working towards.
Hey man. Here is some of our senarios.

Fire senarios. Go to a local play ground and pretennd that the Fort, Kindom, play house. (what ever you call it) is on fire and some one is traped inside.

The best training I like is this one. Barrels Get fuel and desiel or whatever and put it in the barrels and light them up. This way you can really fight real fire.

Me and daniel putting out a barrel

I think chelsea got the biggest fire.

and every one else has mentiond all the others.
I doubt I could do half the stuff now that I did as an explorer in the 70's. Since we were allowed to do almost anything except entry into a structure, we actually did a lot. Summers we spent a lot of time on progressive hose lays since we ran a lot of brush calls. That also means a lot of hose rolls.
Make the training situational to what your explorers are allowed to do. SCBA drills aren't going to be helpful to them on a fire ground. Neither is ladder drills.
You could also have like a cpr class it is good for every one to do that. If they are old enough try getting a FF-1 class or an emt class for them. It is a good time of the year to have a camp out and use some 1st aid skills.
We normaly get a car donatted to us and we cut it up learn from it but also have fun! We also run the pumps so do some pump training with them even if there not alowed to do it let them learn. Teach them to pack hose thats always important =p

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service