OK, WebChief:
I have come out from hiding behind some sick, username and will from now on, go by my REAL name.
And my department is listed. I am not ashamed of it, nor will I bring shame to it. I think I have demonstrated that I can have a respectful discussion, although others can't and that would explain why some of my discussions have been deleted.
Will this request for everyone to consider using their real names improve the "quality" of incoming members or perhaps clean up some of the current members?
Here's one to consider:
If someone is not inclined to use their real name here, then why not create another website for buffs, whackers and pretenders?
What about the ones who are not affiliated with a fire department, but will use their real name?
What about the ones who are on a fire department and for a very personal reason, do not wish to use their real name?
Can we pick out some cute nick names for our friends?
Just a thought.
Do you know how many people still know me as ChiefReason?
xchief22 is on my Harley's license plate and it's going to stay there, so don't even think about it.
Come on, you anonymous bunch of cyber soldiers. Show yourselves.
TCSS.
xchief22

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Art

You can still be Art "Chief Reason" Goodrich .. so people can find you all sorts of ways :)

Dave
Here you go everyone:

Catherine "FireCat" Lemmons
Hillsborough County Fire Department

TCSS
You mean your name is really Art...and here I thought xchief was a really creative name given you by your equally creative parents.
And I will recommend eternal banishment for the people who will attempt to rhyme my name with a rather distasteful bodily function.
I mean it.
I'm dead serious.
I almost didn't make it out of grade school alive from all of the fights THAT caused.
True story.
TCSS.
Art
Im in...

Eric Bradshaw, CPCA
Chief
Albion Fire Department
I'm the last guy in the world to make fun of someone's name. I got in my share of fights because of my last name! LOL
No problem no reason to hide . Love this site just more of a reader than a poster.

Donnie Hood K14
Firefighter Keystone Vol. Fire Dept
Sand Springs,Ok
Cut it out Crotty. Are you implying your parents names you after a stiffer "pasta" noodle. I put the quotation marks around the word pasta so the perverts among us won't harp on it. :)

With identity theft being the way it is the closest I will go to my name is Mike. My department is clearly listed so I have nothing to hide. The people who I network on this site with on a daily basis know my full name. (as well as those I have donated money towards for various events) Whenever someone wants to write me a check or two (that I prefer not to bounce) contact me and I will include my entire name :) (or you can just read a blog post or 2)
I am very proud of the fact that I use my real name and proudly display my departments name. I dont like the people who put our name in the "mud". We have people here that used to go to stations when they were handing out t-shirts just to get one and they wear them when they go to bars. Then these people get drunk and unruly and they give us a bad rep, but we do all we can to take care of this problem. Now as the people on here that hide behind fake names thats just darn right discusting.
Thomas
Sumter County Fire and Rescue
OH NO!!!! it's like they unmasked the lone ranger
Right you are, Al.
FireSiren:
If that IS your real name; I developed quite a cult following over at another website where I posted over 5000 replies to various discussions and have unleashed several op-ed pieces under my pseudonym "ChiefReason". I have gone so far as to copyright it under the Jake and Vinnie umbrella, also protected by copyright.
Not long ago, when there was a chat room at another website, someone had the gall to go in as me, someone emailed that he was on line, I went into the chat and I had him pissing his pants. He was never heard from again. That's an example of what establishing a reputation under whatever name you use can do for you. People start watching your back. Of course, I have also had my detractors, but normally, we agree to disagree and leave it at that. Rarely have I had to resort to personal attack and then, I was provoked. I'm not proud of it, but I had to do what I thought "ChiefReason" would do in that case. Because, that, in some cases, has also been my alter ego. Weird, huh?
In many parts, more know me by the pseudo than by my real name and in others, it is the opposite.
I'll take what is given me by either name.
TCSS.
Art

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service