I saw the headline here--What lights are on your ppe--I wanted to know from the network if your dept. issues flashlights(helmet lights,right angle lights etc.) as a standard issuewhen you get your gear,or do you have to go buy them yourself.In my dept. they do not issue those things to us,I feel that they should be standard items issued with ppe.My dept(volunteer)loves to sit on the money or we have a situation where they dont go after some the grant money that is out there.Thanks for your time....stay safe....and I MADE AN OOPS..it was lights on vehicles...but anyhow a worthy topic....CHRIS

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All of our vehicles have the streamlite liteboxes with the flashing blue taillights. However, any flashlights worn on our gear we must purchase ourselves. Stay safe!
Hey Chris,

On all of our apparatus we have the streamlight box lights. My dept. also issue the survivor light as part of our PPE. Hope this helps!! Stay safe
we have streamlight lightboxes and issued helmet lights
FYI, be aware that all Streamlight Lightboxes and Vulcan are NOT intrinsically safe. Make sure that you know your equipment prior to using it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service