Are there any radios on the market that are compatible with the MOTOROLA 800 systems. That actually aren't $4000 apiece. Trying to figure away to get more radios on trucks where everyone on a line has a portable. Chief says he just can't afford , but i feel costs are justified. Before it is brought up only portables in the field are the ones the Chief Officers have , and one set with the career Captain ( who actually doesn't want radios).

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure you can get them cheaper than 4 grand. If you can track down some local HAM operators, they can definitely point you in the right direction for cheaper radios. Otherwise, my answer would be Ebay.
I have been researching alternatives to Motorola for a while for a department. I am a big fan of Motorola, but due to cashflow that is not possible. Check out Icom. Everything I have read and been told by our local radios guys, is that they are basically Motorola Clones. The cost is normally in the 50-60% range of the comparable Motorola radio.
I think Kenwood makes portables that are cheaper than Motos. But you get what you pay for sometimes.Be sure to try them in every nook and crany of your area no matter what you end up with

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service