All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

School children traffic education

Last November 1st our school district had an unfortunate event that left a fourth grade student dead after being run over by his own school…

Started by chris renner

0 Mar 15, 2012

Search for a group of cowards that turned off water as firies fought house fire

POLICE have called on the community to name and shame a group who turned off water mains as firies battled a blaze at a home in the state's…

Started by lutan1

3 Jan 10, 2012
Reply by Patti Walz

The Potential Cumulative Impact of Chronic Stress Among Firefighters

Greetings! I'm an Air Force fireman and Public Safety Management graduate from Indiana University. I completed the attached report this pas…

Started by Christopher Bauchle

0 Dec 27, 2011

Nice Rescue, But...

News of the rescue of two children from a Lake Station, Indiana house fire is making its way across the net thanks to raw video provided by…

Started by FFN WebTeam

15 Dec 20, 2011
Reply by John Crabbe

How does your fire department celebrate the Christmas holiday season?

Celebrating Christmas is something that is done at fire stations by firefighters all over the world. Fire Station, Ballarat, South Austra…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

15 Dec 17, 2011
Reply by John Crabbe

Hooks, Rakes and Slipshod Ventilation

Hooks and, depending on where you work, rakes are relatively inexpensive items when compared to other essential equipment carried on your l…

Started by Bill Carey

6 Dec 12, 2011
Reply by Shareef Abdu Nur

So you are a new FD Training Officer... How do you teach firefighter's about safety or whatever... These are the rules to follow.

This post was initially a response to one of the FFN folks asking how to do the job as a new safety officer. After writing the post, I thou…

6 Dec 5, 2011

MVA Responses - Distractions Cause Accidents!

In this example, four guys from Maine supposedly dressed the truck up with one guy on the roof laying spread eagle and his three buddies w…

4 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

The No Fail Mission

The risk is great, the cost high, and the task is your responsibility. Ron Ayotte   I recently saw a picture that was posted on Facebook t…

Started by Bill Carey

7 Nov 23, 2011
Reply by John Crabbe

Fire investigators probe link between smart meters and house fires

THE Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board has launched an investigation into a possible link between smart meters and house fir…

Started by lutan1

7 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by lutan1

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service