All Discussions Tagged 'firefighting' (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Advice

Hey everyone! I'm currently a freshman in college studying to get my fire protection degree. Next year I am going to have training at the f…

Started by Trezure Stackhouse

2 Nov 14, 2022
Reply by Chris Hunt

The Roundtable: Most Fundamental Fireground Responsibility

Opinions from Around the Country Photo courtesy of Robbinsville Professional Firefighters IAFF Local 3786 @IAFFLocal3786 Bobby Halton and…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jan 6, 2020

How Are You Using the UL FSRI Research?

How are you and your department using the research? There has been a lot of material from the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Jan 23, 2018

Excellent Leadership Class being held in Troy, Ohio

Brothers Helping Brothers, a fire service 501c3, is holding a fire leadership class called Nuggets from the Right Seat; Experience Driven A…

Started by Nick Magoteaux

0 Aug 7, 2015

video based fire dept tests

Hi everyone! So I recently came across a video based fire test. Something I'd never seen. The first part was employee dynamics and conflict…

Started by Chris Haefner

4 Dec 20, 2014
Reply by Matt Sherman

Ten Minutes in the Street: Stretchin’ the line on the First-Due

You’re first-due at a residential occupancy for a report of a fire on the number two floor. Sure enough, it’s pretty obvious upon arriva…

Started by Christopher J. Naum, SFPE

54 Dec 9, 2011
Reply by Ben Waller

Basic Tactical Considerations

This post is just a simple challenge of tactical considerations.  The photos that are posted show a single-family house that had fire venti…

Started by Jason Hoevelmann

7 Jul 25, 2011
Reply by Moose

Firefighting and Journalism

Would like to know if anyone else has had experience with bad coverage of a fire or other emergency. Not negative press, but just plain poo…

Started by Barry Greer

0 Jul 16, 2011

Aircraft flying into a high rise building? Really?

Ok... so maybe this is just one of those things that really doesn't have a chance of actually happening? I'm sure no one else out there h…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

13 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by Ben Waller

Rapid Intervention Kart

“There’s got to be a better way Lieu!” Those words were expressed more than once when my men had to deploy the RIT basket to the front of a…

Started by Greg Turnell

0 Mar 22, 2011

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service