All Discussions Tagged 'Rescue' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Low Involvement

I am a new Chief of a volunteer rescue squad in SC. We have 16 members on roster, with about half of them being semi-active.  When I first…

Started by V Aaron Smith

7 May 25, 2014

Santa Barbara County Fire Department Spectacular Rescue Involving Big Rig vs. BMW

Spectacular Rescue Involving Big Rig vs. BMW Santa Barbara County Fire Department responded to a vehicle accident involving a semi-truck,…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

5 May 10, 2012
Reply by Patti Walz

How do you define a Squad?

After looking at several articles I'm finding that, it seems, each state has there own term for a Squad. With several variations from east…

Started by Pararescue

31 Apr 14, 2012

Do You Get Involved With School Fire Drills and Safety Inspections? Can you add anything else to these ideas from around the world?

Does your department get involved with pre-school and grammar school fire drills? Have you thought about the training you can provide to p…

Started by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

9 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

Challenging Technical Rescues - What was yours?

Australian Firefighters Respond to Unique Ferris Wheel RescueTwo children were trapped in a carriage at the top of the wheel near the plane…

Started by FFN WebTeam

3 Oct 3, 2011
Reply by Morgan Parr

Foam Pit Rescue/ Extrication

My Battalion Chief brought up an interesting question:    How do we respond if a person is injured in a large foam pit.    I don't know if…

Started by Ryan James Johnsrud

3 Jul 17, 2011
Reply by Ryan James Johnsrud

Austrian Olympic Swimmer Rescued from Fla. Sand Burial

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A member of the Austrian Olympic swim team had to be rescued after he used a bucket to dig a large hole that col…

Started by FFN WebTeam

1 May 9, 2011
Reply by Fabulous Heather Days of Summer

All You Heavy Rescue Crews, Please read and help if you can

Hey I was asked to come up with a new training manual for our rescue squad. The manual is to get people cleared to ride our squad as "Rescu…

Started by Andrew Lam

23 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by WestPhilly

Search and Rescue Head Protection

Hello All, My name is Tyrone Carr, I am currently a student at the University of Cincinnati's College of Design, Architecture, Art and Plan…

Started by Tyrone Carr

5 Feb 8, 2011
Reply by Isabel Ziegler

Letter Request for old, used, 2nd hand Fire helmets, turnout gears, boots, and Fire & rescue Gears.

Good Day, I’m Stephen Eric P. Chua from the Philippines, me and my group (  20 persons ). from all walks of life are all volunteer memb…

Started by Stephen Eric Payte Chua

7 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Stephen Eric Payte Chua

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service