All Discussions Tagged 'risk' (61)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Using The Hose Over The Shoulder

Recently, my business partner and I instructed a fire skills session at a CFA fire training ground for an underground mine rescue company.…

Started by lutan1

29 Dec 21, 2023
Reply by Haldun-TRK

Ice Bucket Challenge and Firefighter Death - What Now?

Kentucky Firefighter Injured in Ice Bucket Challenge Dies Captain was one of four firefighters injured while helping students with fundrai…

Started by FFN WebTeam

0 Sep 22, 2014

Philadelphia Rescue. Is Taking Off Your Facepiece For a Occupant a Bad Thing?

Risk. Is it a matter of actual policy or personal interpretation? NOTE: I'm kicking myself for not catching this earlier; back in May, Fi…

Started by Bill Carey

17 Aug 31, 2012
Reply by Russ

FDNY Medal Day Preview: WTC and Burn Foundation Medal Winners

A FDNY Medal Day glimpse of two companies at a significant fire. We'll let the video and news story links tell the tale. Medal Day 2012 w…

Started by Bill Carey

2 Jun 7, 2012
Reply by Chief Dino

Fire staff take a break for the holidays

FIRE officers left their posts unattended during the Christmas break, just 18 months after the Bushfire Royal Commission criticised the sta…

Started by lutan1

0 Jan 8, 2012

Nice Rescue, But...

News of the rescue of two children from a Lake Station, Indiana house fire is making its way across the net thanks to raw video provided by…

Started by FFN WebTeam

15 Dec 20, 2011
Reply by John Crabbe

The No Fail Mission

The risk is great, the cost high, and the task is your responsibility. Ron Ayotte   I recently saw a picture that was posted on Facebook t…

Started by Bill Carey

7 Nov 23, 2011
Reply by John Crabbe

Fire investigators probe link between smart meters and house fires

THE Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board has launched an investigation into a possible link between smart meters and house fir…

Started by lutan1

7 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by lutan1

Driver-Only at Kentucky House Fire. How Would Your Department Handle It?

Our FireEMSBloggers, The Fire Critic and STATTer911 each have shared the video of firefighters arriving at a Butler County house fire. In h…

Started by FFN WebTeam

34 Jun 23, 2011
Reply by jitter man

Rapid Impact Assessment Resources

Anyone have any resources (documentaiton, PowerPoints, other stuff) related to Rapid Impact Assessment teams?   What they do, how they d…

Started by lutan1

2 May 27, 2011
Reply by BLBEMT

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service