EMS Central (179)

Discussions Replies Latest Nation Member Activity

Paramedic: Classroom or online programs

Here's the short version of my question....is it worth looking into online paramedic programs or should I only consider campus based progra…

Started by Kate

11 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Ron Briggs

Nasal Cannula for Cardiac Symptoms?

I was on a call the other day, 50s male with chest pain, cardiac history, pain 8/10, etc. Pulse about 80. NYS BLS protocol states that high…

Started by Joe Stoltz

127 Nov 24, 2011
Reply by Joe Stoltz

Bob Page's "Multi Lead Medic's" Seminar

If you are an ALS provider, or ALS student or even an EMT-B who simply wants to learn more I highly recomend his course. I just got back fr…

Started by Cody Patrick

2 Nov 16, 2011
Reply by Cody Patrick

RN to Medic?

I have heard that if you get your RN certification you can challenge the Paramedic test for offical medic certification. You need to hold y…

Started by Rachel

4 Oct 26, 2011
Reply by Rachel

Medic School Interview

Hey guys, so a while back I applied for a medic program (unfortunately was not accepted) and upon passing the entrance exam I was granted a…

Started by Ross Kalina

4 Sep 21, 2011
Reply by John Crabbe

Class A uniforms

Following discussing 9/11 memorials this weekend, another FF/EMT friend of mine began discussing the practicality of owning a set of Class…

Started by Kate

6 Sep 15, 2011
Reply by Dave

Snake and Spider Bites

Has anyone treated a patient after they were bitten by a venemous snake or spider? What are the guidelines to follow with a patient? EMS do…

Started by Rachel

10 Sep 7, 2011
Reply by Jack/dt

Combi Tube or King Tube?

Recent talks around my parts is the possiblity of switching to the king tubes. Right now we run only combi tubes. (Should point out my depa…

Started by Michael A

10 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by Matthew T. Dykes

Contract Overseas Paramedic Jobs

I was wondering if anyone had any information on private companies that are hiring medics for work over seas? or any civilian/military medi…

Started by Gregory Thomas Rausch

1 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by Mike Schlags (Captain Busy) Retd

How do you do vitals on the fly...

I am just starting out in EMS as a NYS Certified First Responder (a.k.a Emergency Medical Responder.) I know how to do pulse and BPs etc...…

Started by David Hubble

19 Jul 9, 2011
Reply by Fabulous Heather Days of Summer

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service