Now that the new decade has started and having had time to reflect on what I have and have not achieved over the last 10 years it is time to set some goals.
1. Family always comes first;
2. Lose those excess kilograms;
3. Get fit;
4. Remain active and involved not just in firefighting but in my community as well;
5. Keep learning;
6. Continue to promote firefighting as a career choice not just for those who want to do this as paid work but for those people who are willing to enter into the role of a volunteer firefighter;
7. Complete our new station before the end of 2010;
8. Successfully negotiate suitable terms for medical first response
9 .Stay around long enough to complete my 25 years of service
10. Family always comes first.