I am the founder and president of Interact Business Group. We write strategic business plans for public safety training centers (both police and fire). For anyone considering building, improving or partnering in a training center project we can help. We can answer the following key questions concerning your training center project.
• Who will use the training facility?
• What training will be provided at the facility?
• What will it cost to build the facility?
• What will it cost to annually operate and maintain the facility?
• What is the potential revenue from outside users?
• What is the cost benefit of the training facility?
• What is the partnership and governance plan?
• What funding options are available?
After several years of dormant or non-existent hiring in public safety is there a recovery underway? Are cities, counties, state and federal agencies moving back to pre-recession staff levels? In past reports we highlighted that we saw as a slow but steady increase in the new recruit academies. Reports that departments were holding off…Continue
An accelerating increase in the number of new police and fire department training centers being planned and constructed provide another strong indicator that the constrained budget environment in public safety of the past few years (starting around late 2008) may be easing. Other indicators that the tide may be turning are the increased jobs, hiring trends and uptick in new police and fire recruit academies. Past reports about hiring were outlined in…Continue