Just didnt think of other firefighters being into the bagpipes. My son playes the pipes and the other the drums. I am in the color gaurd. We belong to the Gordan Highlanders which is out of Buffalo,NY. We actually March in allot of firemans parades and do esorts for fire departments. Just wondering how many other FF's are into the pipes.

Views: 93

Replies to This Discussion

Kevin, that being the case You need to get out more..:) In January I began a Firefighters Pipe band forum, to begin Documenting Fire Service Pipe bands both Nationally as well internationally, because it has never been done.. http://www.phpbbserver.com/smokenpipes .. I currently have nearly 150 bands listed.. safe to say there are a Couple of guys that are into the Pipes all around North America..and beyond , There is also another group HERE called bagpipes .... and from The SMOKE n Pipes forum, YOucan find another Brother's Brand new Blog he began last month , That will be highlighting a Pipe band a month, sort of an interview.... ITs Large and Open and growing weekly
HELLO JUST LOOKING THROUGH THE FORMS AND RAN UPON YOUR SITE. I VE BEEN PIPING FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW AND STILL LEARNING. WE RESCENTLY STARTED WORKING ON OUR COLOR GUARD. VERY HARD WORK AND STILL GOT A LONG WAY TO GO. MY CAREER DEPT IS COMING BACK AROUND ME NOW WHEN I PLAY WHEN I FIRST STARTED THEY RAN LIKE THEY WAS GOING TO A FIRE. ANYWAY HAVE A GREAT DAY AND STAY SAFE.FROM GLASGOW KY...
Arron, when they return it proves your making progress !! Currently there are 3 seperate "pipes/pipe band forums" here on FFN, this one, "Bagpipes" is the biggest,and pipes and drums a new one with 4 members , there is also a Color Guard group here which offers some resources, and if youhavent yet check out my Forum, which has links Nationally to each and beyond... Jim

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service