I'm curious as to anyone's experience removing driver and/or passenger seats in big rigs. specifically air cushioned seats, if unbolting is not feasible what other methods have been effective.
Last nite Fire was dispatched to a lift assist for the squad. When we arrived it turned out to be a cpr in progress on a trucker in his cab. This man was very large. 500-600lbs . they asked us to remove thee seat. immediately the pump motor is fired , and cutters are pulled out. I preempted the destruction with a socket and we were able to remove a few bolts and the seat came out fairly easily. i noticed the drivers seat had three metal posts approx 1/2 inch in diameter and a center post approx 3 inches in diameter, which I'm assuming was an air piston of some sort. Any info on the design or construction of these seats would be appreciated. We have a large section of interstate, and several large truck stops in our first due truck traffic is very heavy here so this will probably not be the last time we need to do this.

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

Never done anything on big rigs in my time....
Go to www.suburbanseats.com and look at - Knoedler, Bostrom, Sears, ISRI brand truck seats. After clicking on any of these seats click on " view part specs " there is alot of information on styles, parts and schematics of truck seats.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service