I am looking for some pictures of props that departments have made....I have some from ISFSI, but I'm looking for others. I have around 100 wood pallets, 1-30' 36" metal pipe, 1-25' 48" plastic pipe and around 30 plastic 55 gallon drums. I want to build a SCBA confidence/confined space course. If you have any pics of your props, please email me. Thanks for any help.

Views: 462

Replies to This Discussion

Send me your e-mail have some plans and pictures, have run this course for training and it's good.
Also have used a house for this as well, set up what we call a lobster trap. It's great to get those used
to there SCBA. In the house we placed two firefighters to look for a man down. Going through the lobster trap and then entering a small hole in the wall. From that point we also sent them in so that they had to find an SCBA with the alarm going off, that is one of the firefighters packs. We tie it up in knots and screw up some of the straps. This allows the team to work and put the SCBA back on as the masks are blacked out! Use either wax paper as it gives that smoke look. We have trainers SCBA Masks that we have spay painted black....
Have pictures if anyone is interested in....
If and when you get some pic I would like to look at them myself to use if you don't mind.

TKS
What's this about a lobster trap? What does it look like? Pictures?
If you have an old stove you can pipe it to make it a training prop for extinguisher classes, do not have any pics but with some modifications to the stove you can make it work. Use a small propane tank with a regulator from a gas grill.
this is one of the props that we have at our station that tests the skills of the firefighters with confined space as well as obstructions that they may encounter while going through them as well. The two rods that are in the prop are adjustable with the holes that are in the side to make the difficulty easier or harder at the ease of moving them closer or farther apart depending on the experience of the firefighter or the type of training you want to do. This prop can also be used without the obstruction bars as means of getting your firefighters down on their hands and knees in order to go through it. The prop opening is 3' x 3' and 8' long. It can also be easily adjusted to make your size constraints if need be.
Attachments:
Check out tes2training.com. Tim Sendlebach has some wonderful training props on his site. He provides material lists and dimensions, we have built several props and the guys on the department love them.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service