Coming soon in our Dept.!
recently, we have had representatives cometo our station to sell us thier new air packs. we recieved a grant to replace and update our scott packs to fit the new standards from the NFPA. i was able to try and test the MSA, Scott, and the ISI air packs. i am leaning toward the MSA's but not to sure.
Which would you prefer?
What kind SCBA's do you use at your station?
Are you happy with their performance?

Views: 89

Replies to This Discussion

In my many years in the fire service, I have used the following airpacks:
- Scotts
- MSA
- Interspiro
- ISI
- Survivair
- Cairns (now called Global Secure)

Out of them all I have really like the Scott and MSA airpacks.
My dept currently has ISI's and i have no problem with them. I have not tried any other kinds of packs so i couldnt tell you what i would prefer. all the other dept's around us use Scott packs so we are unable to interchange bottles which can be a pain at longer fire scenes.
we use MSA everything and i love them i had a little use with the Scotts but the problem i had with them was that they seemed to fog up a lot easier than the MSA they are coming out with a new flat air pack look into that before your department makes its final choice ( http://www.fireapparatusmagazine.com/fire-apparatus-magazine/articl... )i believe that is the link they are only suppose to weigh like 7lb and be flexible read into them a little any questions on the MSA's let me know ill help in any way possible
Our dept uses ISI and we are very happy with them. Our Haz-Mat team uses Draeger 45 min air packs , they like them a lot, they are lighter and last longer than the ISI.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service