Here, i'm a volounteer (part/time, on call), Did you call that paid on call or volounteer ??? Because here it's part time like that or Full-time ??? Thank for anwser me !

Guillaume

Views: 91

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Part time volunteer or just plain volunteer is one in the same in my book. Part of the time, when called to do so, you are responding to emergencies, the other part you are getting along in your other life. If your VFD has more personnel then they could possibly use and rotate them on a duty roster I guess you would say that's "on call or part time". We have just volunteers here.
Thank for the replies !

I forgot to say, we also have duty, it's a week duty from 4pm to 8 am (from the 8am to 16 pm, it's the chief who are on duty) because is the only full-time Firefighter/Officer from the FD. We have our duty in rotation from the oldest to the newest firefighter hired... when we are on duty, they have one officer and one FF in the duty week. We are paid to do this week + for each "checking call", we also have some firehouse work on the weekend. We also paid for the "Residentiel inspection" (Inspections Préventives). So i think it's call " part time POC" !

Thank again !
well its all the same to me because i volunteer and we ont do the oncall thing we jus go if we can when we get paged out theres all ways somebody to drive the truckto a call dont matter wat time of day or nite it is
Volunteer or Paid the only difference is one is getting paid an the other isn't either way firefighting is firefighting

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service