Looking around, there seemed to be no Group that would be appropriate for discussion of the various issues involved in Rescue, as they pertain to Fire Department Based Heavy Rescue Companies...........

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Harve, I think this area will help all of our brother/sisters that work in/with heavy rescue operations. My self I operate industrial, waterfront, Highway and residential districts. I hope that I can add to this section.
First question is what do you feel the main priority of your district?
For me at work its confined space and high angle, due to just about every call off a Sub is treated a tri-pod rescue if the PT is non-ambulatory and the size of the space their in, we also have dry docks, all utilities under ground (steam, elect, pumping stations).
In my Vol its Vehicular rescue. Two major Highways in my district.
I will stop back soon. Rob
Yeah, we started the US&R group since most of us heavy rescue guys from the 70s and 80s are doing that now, but I see what you guys are talking about, so I'll hang out here too. I'll see if some of the guys from the State Urban Search and Rescue Group want to come over as well. We're all pretty heavy on the Cancel The Engine group as well.
One of my interests in Heavy Rescue is Hydraulic Tools. What kind of tools do you use, and why??

For us, it's Hurst, since about 1975. We saw the need for a tool for use around our area, and Hurst was the "Cutting Edge Technology" in Rescue Tools then. The pump was the first generation Chrysler motor, and the Jaws were the 32A Model, with the "pin on" style cutters.
Harve, in both departments we use Hurst. Like you we received our first sets in 75. We reviewed different types a few years ago, and decided to stay with Hurst, one training on a change over would be minimal, Cost, and compatibility. Now we are running one of the biggest set ups in the state according to the Hurst repair man. I will give you the break down later. But it’s quite a large set up, Due to a Gov Grant. At the time we were still running the 64 spreader from 75 with up grades. We ran into a problem with the newer metals one day on a MA run. At that time we started to change tactics (sawzalls) and had Hurst come down and investigate, at that time they only had one cutter that could cut the "A" post. With in a year the new Gold series came out. But I will get back to you with the rundown. It a little embarrassing on what I can place in service at one time. But I now it will be needed sooner them we think.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service