What's the best thing (safe) to add to water to track flow? I'm looking for something highly visible to show how effective our dam/diking and diverting efforts are.

Views: 96

Replies to This Discussion

Save yourself both time and trouble by making two contacts. First off, your local EHS folks have testing dye's for leaking sewers and water lines that makes the effluent bright green. It's environmentally friendly and you won't piss anyone off for contaminating their backyard. If this is not successful, make contact with the local EPA office and ask for someone who knows about tracking water flow. They love this stuff. If for some reason you get a run around, simply ask for one of the START Team OCC's (On Scene Coordinator) to give you a shout, leave the message that you have a question, be vague. Considering that you are a firefighter, they will call back and you can get specific advice. There's other ways but this is the most direct and what's rattling off the top of my head at the moment...

I also started a hazmat group on FFN, not taking the time to look and see if there were others. I titled it Hazmat WMD Responders. Please join and share. We can support one another. I won't go into a lot of detail here but getting all fire department medics trained in AHLS is a key goal for me.

We'll talk more I am sure. Stay safe, Mike from Santa Barbara

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service