Wanted to let yall know we're trying to get together information on having a HazMat Challenge like the Firefighter Ultimate Challenge - anyone with ideas - pls share - also have a group going at SpillEaters.com.
-Larry

Views: 255

Replies to This Discussion

A few things we do for Recert;

Play putt putt golf in Level A

Play H_O_R_S_E in level

Build lego log house by reading the directions in Level A.

Assemble a ten-speed bike in level A.
Remember the movie,.."Men of honor"...On their finial dive they had to build a fitting with pipes and flanges. The one I had the tech's make when they were in level A , had to be able to flow water through it.
A good event to do is like the Men of Honor idea, but have the person be in a Level A suit and cap off multiple lines while water is flowing though it. Another good idea is to have them contain a spill, perhaps do a dummy drag, and maybe do a somthing with placards, like match the placard with the chemical or somthing like that. Another would be to have ther person write (or more sadistically type) out a simple phrase in Level A, Like mary had a little lamb or somthing. The FF combat challenge is not only a competetion for us, but also a public awarness tool as well. It shows the public what skills we have to perfom on a scene. That would be my suggestion when brainstorming for ideas for this. Good luck!
I took a class at a local paper mill and one of the tasks we had to do was reassemble a pipe assembly that had been "sabotaged" with numerous leaks. There were several valves that had the stops removed, or the packing loosened, pipes with holes, etc.... We went in as teams of 2 and were timed on how fast we could stop all the water flowing through the assembly. A variation on the "Men of Honor" assembly.
The Continuing Challenge Workshop has been doing competitions in Level A PPE for years now. It's kind of an obstacle course that includes a boat, a fountain where you have to get coins off the bottom, and some other competitive things. You might be able to see photos of these events at www.hazmat.org

Mike from Santa Barbara : )

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service