If anyone out there has some solid training ideas - please share...We're in the process of re-visiting the basics - damming, diking and diverting...hardest part really is finding suitable ditches to train in - also looking for some ideas on additives that we can put into water to see the flow of the "chemical"...there's a substance i've heard of that colors ponds green - it's supposed to be safe - but haven't spoken with anyone personally that has used it or tried it during trainings.

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

In one of our HazMat trainings we briefly went over evidence collection - but like you said I think it deserves more attention then just a "section on evidence collection". Just like fires our Vol. Dept. responds to - 1 in particular (paged out with 5 laps to go at the Daytona 500 on tv last year) where truck fire was arson - lighter fluid containers, rags and hay in cab of truck + confession) - it would really help convicting the perps if we taped off area and waited for officials to get there - sometimes evidence can be tough to consider in the heat of the moment - but important nonetheless. After returning home after house fires I'll think - Man! I shouldv'e paid more attention to the scene - and then we get paged back out 14 hours later (middle of the night) because someone REALLY wanted it burned.

Who does yalls radiation and evidence collection classes? Is it through the State or Fire Academy or?
Hey are some study work sheet. Hope you like them. Bill
Attachments:

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service