what kind of sog's are you using, or do you just shoot from the hip when it comes to rit on the fireground.

Views: 176

Replies to This Discussion

most of the time there is a ladder placed on each side of the building but other then that we go from the hip when needed...every time its going to be diff...
this is a small department, we don't have the funding or dedicated training, but we do practice it. Even on our trips to the training tower, we always have a two man team with everything on but air. Most of our gear has the harness built in, and a grip below the collar on the back.

What we did for FF1 class was we talked about dragging a patient out and spent5 the next hour or so discussing the best way to help out our brothers.

But as far as SOP's two man team on duty, they are rotated from standby every 30 min or so, and they keep an axe and haligan with them. They stay there too.
Daniel,

What Department are you with? I just wrote a 2 hour lecture discussing the importance of RIT "Beyond the Tarp". A Tarp and a hand full of tools do not give you the skills to be a RIT team. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I am very passionate about saving our own, our brothers and sisters, the fathers, mothers, and sons of our closest friends.

The lecture does not tell you how to do RIT. It simply gets a large group fired up and passionate about wanting to do more RIT training. From there you can bring in any number of Trainers or Training groups, or go to them, and expand on your RIT knowledge and techniques. But, we need to recognize that RIT is not a class, it is a continued thought process for every perpetual student of the fire service. Please call me if you want to talk more about the potential training opportunities.

Michael Waldron
INNER CIRCLE FIRE TRAINING
Changing Our Ways Training can assist in writting SOP's and SOG's. The most important thing about RIT SOG's are they need to be very flexable.
Todd, can you give be a copy of what you guys are doing out there, I run a fire training program in Minnesota and have done alot of work on the programs here in our state. My e-mail is tim.zehnder@southcentral.edu Thanks

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service