What states are the best to live in for retired firefighters?

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Start with ones who don't have a state income tax or ones that won't tax your pension.

Funny how guys from up North want to come South and guys from down South want to go West or only halfway North.

Lots of retired NY, PA, MD, VA, MA etc firefighters here in Florida, but the Florida FF's like to go to GA or TN. Me, I'm looking at UT, at least for a few months in the summer. A few I know have gone to CO.
Lets be reasonable here , The cost of living in the Northeast and even down to metro DC is pretty freaking high, guys who got a decent retirement, generally speaking can do just fine in Florida, lets not for get some areas are costlier then others... but Florida compared to the areas like ga, tn is kinda big city, while Tenn, especially has some grerat retirement ops and areas and they are pretty cheep... another aspect about moving either south east or southwest for many is the sunbelt and warm weather warms the bones ... while everyone spent 20 + years being frozen during the cold weather, then drown in the spring, baked in summer and well Fall is the best time of year..lol

Best Places to Retire in USA

I found this on a web site.

They also say to find a state that has no state taxes.

They listed these also

Lancaster County, PA
Also referred to as the Garden Spot of America, Lancaster County in the state of Pennsylvania is a suitable place for retiring professionals. The main thing that attracts retirees and old people to this place is the scenic surroundings, number of farmlands, and just an hour's drive to Philadelphia.

Palm Beach County, FL
For decades now, Palm Beach County in Florida is considered as the best place to retire in USA. All recreational and cultural facilities and activities are targeted for use by seniors. The primary reason for this place to be appropriate for seniors is its very affordable housing rates.

Westchester County, NY
This is a place located just in the outskirts of New York City. If you want to live in a place that comes in close proximity to New York City, you can choose Westchester County. This city is rich in elderly care, housing, and medical facilities.

Pima County, AZ
Seniors opt for Pima County in Arizona because of the low housing rates which comes about just $972 per month on an average. Besides the low real estate rates, parks and recreation facilities add up to the convenience for retirees.

Montgomery County, MD
This place in the state of Maryland is home to some of the most well-to-do retired couples and families in the USA. Communities in Montgomery County have almost all facilities necessary for a tension free living like medical centers, swimming pools, tennis courts, etc.

Nassau County, NY
This is also considered as one of the 10 best places to retire in the USA. Along with New York City being very near, it has some good facilities for seniors; such as public parks and beaches and marinas. Aspects such as low crime rate and good medical facilities do make this a decent place for retirees.

Ocean County, NJ
The Ocean County in New Jersey has some good facilities such as low per month housing rates at $1,300, natural parks, seaside towns, and others suitable for good living. It is also believed to be a tourist attraction, mainly in summers.

Honolulu County, HI
This is one good place for retirees to have a comfortable time. The Honolulu County consists of beaches, golf courses, and natural surroundings. The median property income tax is also reported to be only about $1,300 annually. This is probably one of the cheapest places to retire in the United States.

Good Places to Retire in USA

• Tucson, AZ
  • La Mirada, CA
  • Richmond, VA
  • Rotonda West, FL
  • Apache Junction, AZ
  • Paris, TN
  • Beaufort, SC
  • Lexington, KY
  • Overland Park, KS
  • Independence, OH
  • Pinehurst, NC

My wife and I are moving from Wyoming to Arizona. The reason for that is the house prices are low. One can get a 2300sf house, small acreage, swimming pool and a lot of other amenities for $250k  or lower depending on where you look.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service