What does your department do for RIT?
Currently we assign our 4th in engine company initial RIT and when a working fire is declared we dispatch an additional engine, special service(Truck or Squad), and ALS unit to fill out the RIT task force.

Views: 300

Replies to This Discussion

Confirmed fires, we send one station which includes a Pumper / Squad / Tanker. Pluse two other stations will respond with each a Tanker and 1 Pumper. So in total we should have 2 Pumpers / 1 Squad / 3 Tankers for
non-hydrant area. We do follow with the same directions that 2 in 2 out. This year we have spent a lot of training on RIT and Self Rescue. Last couple of years we where hitting hard with the Accountability as well as IC training. It's all falling into place and you see it at the calls. Mind set change that we all go home after each call.
As I was taught from my District Chief, "we did not cause it. We are there to make those have a better day from what it was like before they had to call us."

Still have to work on the radio traffic though! Paint a picture but don't add all the details of colours you see. To many like to tell stories...
I am with a voly dept and also am the Program manager of a fire training program for a minnesota colllege, we use and teach, with our vol. depts a mutial aid dept RIT is dispatched as soon as a structure fire is reported. This consists of a 5 member team.
I serve on both a career department that responds with 3 engines, 2 trucks and a rescue company. second due truck driver/officer make up the RIT while the two firefighters in back start a search. When Rescue arrives they come with a 7 person company and take over RIT along with search duties.

On my Vol side we have automatic mutual aid with a dedicated RIT from neighboring department. Not always there when we make entry but they are quick and get there soon after.

Likewise we are the dedicated RIT for several departments surrounding us in our county. The system works for us and allows for consistancy and we drill aggresively as a department to keep our skills up.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service