Recently within the last 8 months my company and county have encountered numerous incidents with FF Maydays & 2 seperate LODD's one earlier this month. Unfortunately only a few companies do RIT and actually train at it and there is a huge push for compete reliable RIT teams with standardized guidelines. I am looking to get more insight from Co's or Districts or even counties who do RIT or RIT Task forces to come up with some good SOGS. All help and input appreciated.

Views: 104

Replies to This Discussion

I work in a county of about 8 or 9 departments. It is hard to bring everyone together to work as one because over time we dont train together anymore and when we set aside days to train together you dont get everyone together or for that point you dont even get anyone from some of the departments. Its hard to bring people from volunteer departments. Not to mention that you still have the older generations that dont agree with alot of the new ideas that have come within the last couple of years. What I am trying to say is its hard to start up R.I.T. team because in order to do so it has to be a county wide R.I.T. team.
Mike:
I can send you some information that we are using in our neck of the woods in new jersey. We are trying to develope a system with our training we start with crew member training, crew training,command. Our think is simple teach as many members the hole program se we can address the two out rule while the RIC is responding. Two out or IRIC can survey exterior OV and gather information to supply the arriving RIC a chief officer responds with the RIC to assit command and if needed will handly the mayday from the start. This will allow the two out crew to now be a back up for the interior. Let me know if you would like to hear more. I have a lot of videos on youtube of our training. just search vesrescue.
EGH,RFB be safe Art Hayden
Mike if you contact me Ill be help to send u a copy of my depts SOG for rit

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service