The shop dropped off engine 3, to begin the process of starting to begin preceeding togetsome aspects almost sort ready to startto begin thinking about where stuff should go....lol...1st impressions,..

Lots of wasted space, for Us Not terribly impressed overall, I mean Its a Pierce and not something else , especially an italian firetruck
(Eyo' nay = E one) lol Its plain jane, naturally ... some stuff just dontmake sense for us... They put pole lights behind the cab and then added a pole light pole protector so the front mattydale /crosslay doesnt Hit the pole...

Looks like its gonna be a pain when packing hose bashing fingers etc... stuff like that.... 2 rear discharges that are side by side One is PIPED 3 inch the other 2 1/2...DUH.... I expect the idiots on the apparatus committee thought that one up...Finally they were smart enough to Buy a pre piped deck gun ior stang, that can beremoved and placed on thestand as a "stinger type portable nozzle, Yet still spent the extra $$$ to purchase a Stinger type portable appliance .. Now mind you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have had occasion to flow both a deck gun and a a stinger on a bout 200 feet preconnect and both are handy, but even so, each existing engine has a deck gun and ... already.. and money is not a no object issue...

I'll let you know as things progress.. No pics yet!!

Views: 128

Replies to This Discussion

here area couple of pics of My new rig in the shop
Attachments:
update, we got engine 4 on duty friday, Had the pleasure of being the company officer on its first and second runs, both were ems wave offs the 3rd run was also uneventfull the 4th was a kitchen fire and today the other engine was being finally put in service....both engines have 10 foot pencil or folding ladders mounted under the Typical 24' and 14' ladder mounts, On my suggestion... Our shop placed a piece of Mylar under each bracket which allows more space especially for big fingers on the butt or foot end which is abit wider and fits the brackett harder .. an easy fix!! I'll try to get a pic
After lots of Complaining from the guys on the other rig, they finally got 3's in service as well.. side by side the only differance between the two rigs other then the Obvious door numbering and paint scemes On Hose butts and equiptment is the rear 5 inch intake caps on one the Cap is colored Dark grey the other is light grey.. we have been told we will NOT be allowed to add numbers to the front grill, as on every other rig in the city has.. so we have plans >:) ... as we speak I dont have side by side photos, but am working on it :) Since My last post, Our New rig did its first responses within an hour of going in service and caught Its first structural Fire within a day although it was a Kitchen and contents ...

here's a few of our "Training shots" and a portrait of My engine
Attachments:

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service