as two of 4, 3 pumps(1250 x500) and a light rescue (with a 300gpm tank and pump)
and our New Pierce Pump is sitting in the shop waiting for a radio,and outfitting and training I dont have any photos of it yet but will post some asap, Old Engine 4 has been traditionally the second busiest engine in the city over its lifetime and before , Although relocation/coverage does reduce some runswe have the only 2 engine house these days so anytimesomeone is off duty we relocate we prolly do around 4000 runs a year give or take a few the rigs seen a lotta of abuse was one of the first companies with 5 inch LDH and was used as a tactical water company in the early years, its best feature is, short wheelbase excellant inner city rig sort like driving the Bronco rather then a standard standard pick up.... we are running the 4 lances, 3 quantums , A quint and a truck with all steer, a standard truck, and a platform which was just involved in a crash, another standard truck, we have 3 hahns and 3 mack CF pumps in spare service as well as a Baker tower, that well is now in front line service again..lol along with the New 2 pumps just delivered we also have one other Pierce pump, with class a and Foam aboard Its nearly complete Pierce fleet

what are you guys running for pierces?

Views: 224

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

We run 2 Pierces. Our Engine is a 1991 Dash and our Rescue is a 1999 Freightliner/Pierce we bought after it was refurbed because of an accident it was in.

Engine 27 - http://fire27rescueeng.blogspot.com/

Rescue 27 - http://fire27rescueres.blogspot.com/
Nice rigs...I'll be adding some pics of some of the other engines as well as some of the trucks when i get a chance, The Chief has changed the color from all red to black over red in thelast few years, making us look even less like the biggest job in the state and more like the vollie town he lives in makes em look like boarshead delivery trucks more then firetrucks.. at least here in ourneck of the woods ...lol
Black over red is nice, but white over red is still the best! lol
No doubt This isnt chicago, red or maybe white over red is just fine by me..by the way, I like your tanker too nice rig how many gallons? 3000 or 4?
Our Tanker is only 2500 gallons..it was actually owned by a department in Connecticut when it was wrecked but I can't remember the name of them.
yeah? well 2000, 2500 , 3000 are pretty much the norm here , typically, it depends on location, we actually have Combination departments whoinclude vollie companies that have tankers nearly as large a chassis as yoursand they are just outside the 'city limits" but cover an puddle jumper airport and a decent sized mall, even inmy #2 vollie department back in the day ... we used to do "M/A tanker shuttle drills" monthly with the various local departments using to R model Cornbinders with a 500 gpm front mount pump with 750gallons on board in very early years before we had portable tanks... In that district we didnt use Dry hydrants either , lol I even remember volunteering to set up a water source at one drill, in winter using our brand new (lol) 1983 hahn 1250x 500 pump, spot the rig, chop a hole in the ice on the pond connect 3 lengths of actual hard sleeve and strainer dump it in, get a prime and set up a watering station with lines to tank 4 rigs filling leaving and coming in at anytime ( 2 3' lines per rig ) to maintain a constant flow on the other end .. It was trying But I was able to do it, alone, but by then wehad two portable tanks set up at scene and a 2500 gallon tanker in the beginning theyestimated theywere down to 350 to 400 gallons asthey got they're first dump..lol
Here's a better Pic of 4's Taken oh about 1996 or7
Attachments:
What Pierce model are those engines?
we run a Pierce engine. its a 2003 pierce enforcer that replaced a 70s ford bruco
i have to disagree are rigs are black on red and i like it i also think all black rigs are nice
1990 Dash Pumper (for sale)
1999 Saber Pumper
2007 Impel Rear Mount Rescue Pumper (delivery Dec. 2007)

Color: red with 1-6-1 white striping.

Pictures and info at http://www.etfd.org/.

My Chief sells Pierce, so I guess we're a little biased:)

I personally don't care for the Chicago colors, but all black is badass. I've only seen it on the demo units though. My wife likes Clearwater's (FL) white/pink colors. LOL
All black is pretty neat. I took this pic at a convention a week ago. It belongs to a department in a neighboring county.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/welker0927/Fire%20Company%20...

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service