How does it work with it bieng a combination system of career county firefighters and community volunteer firefighters? IM considering joining bowie fd with the live in program. Do the volunteers get plenty of expirience and action or is it just mostly the career fireman doing the work? Just curious on how the system goes also what is the relationship like between the volunteer and career good or bad?

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Everyone shares in the action, as for getting along it depends on the people them selfs.
When you qualify to ride, training wise , you usually get turned over to ride the engine. Then as you progress in training and experience you usually start the process of truck company training. Another thing to remember is, "just because you rode the engine or truck at your F.D. in N.C. don't mean it's gonna be easier in P.G.". Good luck to you. You'll get plenty of fire in Bowie. Also wlecome to the jungle. I'm originally from Caldwell County.
Just curious to find out if you joined Bowie VFD and if so which station. As for experience, both see plenty of action and depending on the "feelings" of both career and volunteer you can have a good or bad relationship. As for where I'm at, there are both good and bad relationships with the career and volunteers.
not yet just waiting on an email from my chief i will be going to 43 house when i do go

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service