As a newly joined volunteer firefighter.....The best thing I learned from getting the tips is to jump right and on training sessions and ask the senior firefighters they can usually help you in training....It helped me out...maybe everyone should try

Views: 40

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad to hear this. I start my training on January 19th and will be working with guys (and gals) that have been on this department (volly) and fire fighters in general for a VERY long time. I have to say I am a little nervous about being the newbie. I can handle all of the razzing and stuff that goes on because I know that its all part of being accepted. I just hope that the old vets remember what it was like to be the rookie and will take me under their wing to train me to be the best I can be. I know I have to earn my stripes, but I'm also looking forward to contributing what I have learned in terms of EMS, ICS, new techniques in terms of medical response, sharing new technologies, etc, but I also know that I have to learn my place. I recently talked to a friend who is on this department and he said that they make you work for it, but once you have "paid your dues" they really take you on as a brother and not just as a brother fire fighter but that they care about you as a person, your family, your problems, etc. Im nervous about whether I have what it takes to make it but cant wait to get started.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service