Has anybody had any bad mutual aid experiences? That being conflict between departments? Department errors? Or even the dredded dispatch errors?

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

I have one i can share well you can testfiy to this mike as well lol. had a call last week well lets say it was a rather messed up call and i can honestly say i never have seen this happen, and i hope i don't again. The call went out as a barn fire in a neighboring town, that my dept does well suppose to be automantic mutial aid if there is fire showing, well hearing the page, i ran over to the house thinking we get a page rather quickly well it didn't come right away, the fire dept that got paged didn't respond to the call for reason i don't know, well here comes the mess ups. the dispatcher went on to page that dept a total of 3 times spaning i think around 10mins before paging out another dept, to respond, though that dept was alot further away then ours, needless to say there ended up being 3 dept that showed up including mine after being requested for a brush truck. I noticed with that call that was alot of major errors by some people, though it happens all i can hope that everyone can learn what happen what went wrong and how it can be fixed.
Yes i can testify with that. It was 13 min before the dispatcher toned another department to come for mutual aid. We should have been auto-toned to go. That right there was a dispatcher mess up. We usually dont have a whole lot of problems with mutual aid, but when we do, it generally is the dispatchers goof. Im not bashing on dispatchers though....to get that clear.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service