How many of you work or volunteer at you local tracks? If I am not on shift I am out every friday night out at our local track. I love being able to watch racing from the infield. We race street stocks, Midwest Mods, Late Models and 410 Sprints. Would like to hear from you about your local tracks and what you enjoy about it.

MikeyPete

Views: 934

Replies to This Discussion

I did at one time but the track went to a private company. But I still enjoy Chicagoland and Routee 66 Speedways.
i work at watkins glen international race track on the fire team
I work at Atlanta Motor Speedway , and Talladega
hey mike...i work at gateway international raceway in st louis since 1998 and chicagoland speedway since they opened in 2000. this is what i do for a living. i love it. i have worked all the series except formula one...( nascar[cup,busch/nationwide,truck and regional...nhra..ihra..indycar,indy lights,arca,asa,world of outlaws,scca,usac..all divisions...monster trucks..pro mod series...jr drags..iroc series...etc) my son also does it with me... if u wanna talk my cell is 618-610-5788 or u can email..firemanmike1960@sbcglobal.net.....good to see u here...be safe out there
mike price
That's cool. I mean being able to work like that. I am able to work at the local dirt track when I not on shift. Does Gateway and Chicagoland have dirt track on site? I do have a few question of you I will either call or email you this week.
Mikey Pete
We cover the Fire/Rescue mission at Stafford Motor Speedway, a 1/2 mile banked oval in Stafford, CT. There are 8 personnel and the rescue/pump assigned to each racing event at the track. The season runs from early April to the end of September. Regular racing is Friday evening with five local divisions including SK Modifieds, SK Light Modifieds and three late model (full body) divisions. we had five shows this year featuring the Whelen Modified Touring Division, as well as a special event with Supermodifieds and NEMA midgets. We also cover the AHRA Monster Truck show and the AMA Super Moto. Those of us who work the long season regularly obviously enjoy the work and the racing.
Is there any Rules about the Fire /Safety crew on small dirt tracks?
some use nfpa 610..but usually at the smaller tracks..some that i know of dont have their own teams....the just use the local dept for fire/safety.......i have alot of taining info avaliable if you like
just contact me ....here or call my cell...618-610-5788
michael price.....firemanmike1960@sbcglobal.net..
I have worked for Road America in Elkhart Lake WI for 13 seasons now. We race just about anything you can think of at the facility. I have worked Indy cars, American LeMans, Motorcycles, Stocks, go carts, Semi's, vintage, you name it we race it and a lot of driver schools and R&D stuff during the week.
We have safety team on track somewhere around 100+ days a year.
http://www.roadamerica.com
Before that I worked for several other tracks and racing organizations in WI. I also worked as a crewman on a number of teams, mostly as a fueler. Stocks & Indy types. I have been in racing of some sort near 30 years now. Yes I am that old, well at least I feel that old most mornings.
hey, robbie,
i'm interested in being on the safety team at Talladega. Being a NASCAR fan and a firefighter, this would be the ultimate race experience. how do I go about getting on the team, and if there is any special training, what is it, and how do i attain it?

Thanks,
Justin
I work a fire rescue crew at the local fair were i live we provide fire rescue for the bump and run this is like a small nascar road course but its legal to spin other driver out to get ahead. we only do this once or twice a year. but id really like to get on a rescue crew at the Michigan international speedway i think that would be really cool as long as i don't get assigned to kyle bush or Jeff Gordon :)
sorry it took so long to reply justin yes there is it's a class that nascar teach at diffrent tracks all over the place . look up nascar track services and it should give the person name to talk to and a list of when the classes will be held

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service