My grandma has dementia and I am one of her pirmary care givers. It breaks my heart to watch her go down hill every day. I don't even thinks that she recogonizes me any more. Lately she talkes about not being here at this time next year, she is such a burden, and everyone around her is dying. I try my best to reassure her but I don't think that she belives me. Since she has gotten worse if her routine is disturbed even a little it throw her into a tail spin. 2 out of 3 of her children want to put her in a nursing home. But I want to take care of her as long as she lives in her house. I promissed my granddad that I would take care of her as long as she lived in the home. Confused and upset with this issue.

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you mean. My Mother had ALZ and it broke my heart to see her world slip away. My Dad and Sister cared for her until she died. My Dad now has dementia and has moved in with me and my family. And I'm living it all over again.
I feel your pain. Today was a very bad day for my grandma. It was cloudy today and that really messes with her mind. I hope that your dad had a better day. Wishing you the best of luck.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service