I am sure we all have opinions on this question - but I need to get your ideas for future columns. So what is it?

Firefighters charged with manslaughter for line of duty actions?
Civil liability?
Discrimination?
Reverse discrimination?
Harassment (of any kind)?
People crying wolf about harassment?

What do you think?

Curt

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

Chief,

I would like to hear about the liability issues that face Fire Inspectors! If we do our job some folks complain and then if we don't then we are negligent, negligence is negligence (but like everything it goes unchecked UNTIL something happens), the hero Firefighter thing is thrown right out the window once you become a Marshal or Inspector and you are immediately considered a dollar bill with wings (what a thing to live with).

Greg Hitchcock
I agree. I realize that most of the complaints we receive while inspecting can be handled by educating the public as to WHY we're inspecting and the seriousness of some of the violations we find can be. Not just to that particular business but to the surrounding businesses as well. That being said, I think we all know that as soon as we're out the door they move stuff back to the way they had it before and wait until we show up next year! And if we start issuing fines for non-compliance, then we risk the public hating the F.D. It's almost a no-win situation.
-Brian Dumser

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service