What is causing the outbreak in ridiculous calls lately? Over the past year i have been seeing more and more calls of, "can an ambulance come hold my hand while i walk down the hall?" and "my feet are cold, can someone come and cover them up?". How did we get to this point? Could it be the publicity that EMS has been getting or the new TV shows? And one other thing while I am ranting.........How the @$#% does a 19 y/o that is in better shape than me get disability for MIGRAINES!!! Wheh.......... I need some tylenol!

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

this past week i got called for the 17 year old who got bit by a bug. yes a bug bite. on the leg. i dont know about you but when i was a kid you had to be dieing before we went to the dr. and now im going for bug bites?
"You call, we haul" That should be the motto of EMS these days.
LMAO...I swear this is an epidemic with people. The calls are almost hysterical and when you get on scene, you either are laughing or really ticked that you just got toned out for that call.. but know that your job is safe when there are people out there just like the ones you mentioned..job security...
Blame it on the government. Unfortunantly at times we are our patients only medical care they recieve, its not up to us as first responders to educate our patients, but the governments job as well. Im pretty much done getting mad responding to BS calls, but into the government takes our profession seriously we have no other choice.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service