I have been with my department for almost 4 years and have been running calls for 2. In this time I have noticed my responsibility on the fire scene increase. It started out with watching the truck and in time grew to other things such as gathering tools and hook-ups for water supply. Now, I have been left to supervise other Juniors at the call and in short hand situations do other important tasks. These have included running primary pump opeations on the engine and the snorkel and even being the back-up handline on many car fires.

What I would like to know is what kind of things do you guys and gals do on the fire/call scene, and if you are even are allowed to roll on the first due engine or ladder?

Views: 171

Replies to This Discussion

we are allowed on calls in carlin and my job is watchin others in my post. i have been on wildland calls and was the nozzleman. structure calls i run nozzle on the outside of the structure and exchange air bottles for the scbas.
YO, i'm the only JR at my station so they call me a minor. i do what ever my chief or commanding officer wants me to. since we don't have a junior dept my rules are very leeniant. they sometinmes have me go in and retrieve animals help with hose line, but usualy i hit the hydrant and help the pump oporater. my position is next to an officer listenin and learnin when im not doin anything else.
any outside operations, surrond and drown operations, switch packs, get gear
we arent allowed to do anything.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service