Hey Yall .
First and foremost howdy from the Bluegrass state
Secondly Id like to get some opinions and tips about what types of tools and innovations yall have used on the Fireground or at a Crash scene..

Me ? I have stumbled across a little tool called the FUBAR by Stanley tools
I found Mine at Lowes but Ive seen them at Wal Mart and other Retailers and Let Me tell ya .. It has proved to be a 34 Dollar Insurance Policy.. Its so versital and can almost be used for everything even freeing Yourself in the Event You get trapped.. Ive had to do some Improving on Mine .. there is a rubber piece in the center that melts in high heat situations so I went to a Buddy who runs a body shop and put some High heat tolerating resin where the Rubber used to be.. Another mod that I made was widening the small rectangular hole in the fork big enough that it could be used to shut off a gas line if needed..
Another thing I do is carry a pocket knife with Me.. You never know when Your going to need one..

If there are many More Firefighter tips or Inventions or Innovations please use this colomn for them and Lets Preserve Our Irish Firefighter Heritage by Making sure everybody comes home

Hooah
B King

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

bobby i would get a pair of extrication gloves+ and a widow punch i carries mine my bunker pants !!!
Bobby,

I've seen the FUBAR in stores. I've thought about the whole gas shutt-off modification. I had not thought about the rubber handle in the fire. Good to know. Let me know how it works.

Russell.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service