Hey all- my business was approached yesterday to set up a training program for a mining site in remote Indonesia (We've been told they're a minimum of 5 hours from any sort of help and that depends on time of year, season, weather, etc!).

We're still trying to get a better picture of where they're at in terms of capabilties, but we beleive they have no equipment, no training, no idea! Don't even know at thsi stage if they have any sort of response plans in place.

Bouncing ideas around the office yesterday, we were thinking of starting off with first aid training, exterior fire fighting, vehicle fire fighting, BA, confined space rescue and basic level HAZMAT and then progress from there- anyone had experience in this sort of environment? Any other ideas?

Will keep you posted as it progresses- should be exciting and challenging all in one!!!

Views: 58

Replies to This Discussion

To clarify, it's an open cut coal mine....
I somewhat envy you with this task.
I would think that this would be extremely challenging.
Do you know who you will be training?
I am sure if they have been mining for anytime at all, I would hope that they have some type of OSHA, Safety, Fire Protection backgroun. But then again, who knows, right....
How did you go with this one lutan1? I know it was a couple of years ago, but i'm curious to see how you found it

I was up in Sumatra training an ERT at an on-shore LNG plant earlier this year. Was certainly an interesting experience, and quite an eye opener. One of my mates was in Liberia last year doing the same for BHP. They seem to love Aussies for this kind of work now...

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service