I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND FOR ALMOST 17 YEARS, SO WE HAVE BEEN THRU MANY UPS AND DOWNS, SEEN A FRIENDS COME AND GO, HELPED A FEW DURING DIVORCES, WEDDINGS, BIRTHS AND DEATHS. MY HUSBAND ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A FIREMAN ,AND HE LOVES HIS JOB. AT THIS TIME HE IS A LT. AT A STATION THAT HAS BOTH AN ENGINE AND RESCUE. THEY JUMP ON THE UNIT THAT IS NEEDED. HE IS 3RD ON THE CAPTAIN'S LIST AND HOPES TO GET HIS OWN STATION SOON. HE IS ALSO A PARAMEDIC WHICH IS WHERE I CAME INTO HIS LIFE. I AM A RN AND PARAMEDIC, BUT NOT A FIREFIGHTER. WE HAVE TWO WONDERFUL GIRLS WHO ARE 10 AND 13 YEARS OLD. I WANTED TO START THIS WITH SOME INFO AND THEN ADD A POSITIVE QUESTION. HOWEVER I HOPE THAT IN THE FUTURE WE CAN HAVE ALL KINDS OF DISCUSSIONS. MY BEST MEMORY OF MY FIREFIGHTER IS WHEN HE WAS ON TV AFTER SAVING A YOUNG BOY WHO ALMOST CUT HIS NECK OFF DURING A MVA AND IS NOW IN COLLEGE.

Views: 58

Replies to This Discussion

I have been married to my firefighter for almost 4 years now. We both volunteer for our local dept. Hubby is a firefighter and EMT-I , I am only an EMT-B. I can't fight fire because of a bad knee I have PFS. We both work private EMS also and hubby works at OSU medical center too. We don't have any kids yet. We have 2 dogs a cocker spaniel, Brittany, and a shih tzu, cider. I'm not sure that I have just one best memory. I love being able to work together with my hubby on the squad. My hubby and I are the people with the most experience with the medical side of things at our dept. so we are usually the ones in the back of the squad with the patient. It really gives me a high being able to save lives working hand in hand with my hubby as a team.
I have been married to my firefighter/ emt-b for only a month now. We both vol. for our town dept., but he works a fire/emt position and another emt position at two other close by stations. I have learned more about life in this last month then i have in my life. I am a firefighter and wanting to get my emt-b soon, but i also know this means less time with him, less then i have now! I dont have a best memory, when i think about my memories of him there is just a flood of flashbacks of things i hope never to forget! They keep me going when he isnt around for days! It's great knowing what and how he does what he does daily, but stil worries me daily!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service