I know that you have probably already heard about this bill but it is very important for those of us in South Carolina to get this bill passed so that we will have any leverage at all. Right now our locals have very little power with the municipalities in this state.

Please call your United States Senator and tell them to vote yes for HR980.

It is important to all SC fire fighters, and other states that are right to work, that we get this bill passed!

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

For more information on HR980, go to www.iaff.org and look under legislation.

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Jeffery. This legislation will help depts. in states where collectively bargaining is not an option. It will give several rights to depts. in these states.
First is the right to organize and be recognized as the representative for employees within the dept. Secondly, the right to bargain with employers about wages and other issues. Thirdly, the right to have a third party mediator to assist in disputes and lastly, the right to reduce negotiated agreements into binding, legally enforceable contracts. Can I get an Amen!!!!
I'm not sure we're gonna know how to act if this thing passes....because as it stands right now in my dept. (louisiana) we essentially have no rights when it comes to these issues.
Anyone who could take the time to contact thier Senator and ask them to support this HR980 would be helping other members and thier families more than you can know. I'm sure some of you come from depts. with contracts and don't remember what it was like prior to that. Prior to being recognized as a union. Prior to having any voice whatsoever. Please take the time to help us move forward.
Nita Zachry
Driver/Operator
Ruston Fire Department
Ruston,La
Secretary IAFF 4019

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service