Not that it's going to change the ignorance of most motorists...

I know that in the town I work in, people don't pay attention to each other at all, especially the fire trucks and ambulances. Of course, if they did, our job would be a LOT less interesting, huh?

Here is the link, if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.gahighwaysafety.org/moveoverlaw.html

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

I know this will help but, We need to be able to do something about the ones that will not move or pullout in front of emergency vehicles that are enroute
Yeah, we get alot of them that will pull over into the center lane, even if there is no one in the right lane. Then there's the goof-asses that don't know what to do, so they do nothing. And not to mention the ones that just ignore us all together...Anyways, nothing new. It's prolly gonna take someone getting hurt before it's really enforced like it should be.
I love the ones who just STOP, especially when there is no one in the other lane. I always "moved over" even before I became an EMT. It was just common courtesy. Unfortunately, no one will understand until they have to step out of their emergency vehicle, heart pounding, in the middle of a busy interstate.
Be safe everyone
Folks when yall figger this one out, please let me know. Had my radio taken off my hip on a traffic stop one night by a lil ole lady. And yes I wrote her up so maybe next time she would move over before she ran over someone. Had too many over the years just plain STOP in the road either in a patrol car or a Fire truck and Ambulance too. There is no easy answer I believe.
How about the one's who pull to the left? That one is great when it's 4 lanes with no median. All this law does is finally allow us to have tickets issued to people who fail to yield. I know the cost of a failure to yield ticket is $600, as I have been witness for the prosecution twice when people have fought the ticket. I love watching the judge slam them when they say they didn't see my squad in their mirrors or hear it when I was behind them for a good 90 seconds waiting on traffic to clear so I could go to a BS call.
Ain't it Grand!!
in my town if thay don't move over we take there tag and thay get a tick in the mail you need to talk to the police chief and city to do that

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service