Ok, squirrels mount up. Whacha got in the trunk or truck of your POV? The way you could tell a true squirrel is check his/her gear. Some are issued some great equipment some are just the basics. We are issued the basic Bunk Gear= Coat, pants, gloves, helmet, rubber boots. So share what ya got hidden in the POV. I am a freash squirrel but am gearing my POV as close as my pocket can get to a full blown Fire-Rescue vehicle. I am still trying to figure out if I can mount a 30 gallon fuel tank under my Van for small emergency car/brush fires to control till our bigboys get there, hahaha. But, so far I am still working on it. My gear from small to large consists of (Helmet) band, door chocks,garrity light. (Coat) extrication gloves, survivor LED FF light, red stobe 90 light, window punch/seatbelt cutter, body alarm. (Pants) nothing special, ram suspenders. (Boots) still wearing the clanker rubbers but soon getting some leather just havent found out which ones. Now my van is something different. 98 Gmc Safari, 17"AR w/lowpro proformance nittos, air ride suspension, 7psi turbo, super hornet chip, 10 bolt ratchet pos, 700rR4 tranny, 2" sneaky pete shorty headers, arround 100 to 150 LEDs with patterns, 12 strobes, wig-wag headlight flasher, backup light interceptor Galls lighting controlbox, Galls Sreet Thunder 200 watt siren with PA, Federal Signal B-2 whailer. equipment inside= full size fire axe, miniture 2.5 ft fire axe, Survivair Sigma SCBA, 15 lbs ABC fire suppressor, simifull first responders bag with all the essentals for vitals except AED, sawsall with demo blades and extra batts 4ft window ladder 1,000,000 candella search light (remote)

Views: 418

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry guys had to cut it short, had the sweet tones call my name. but, in all I guess thats all I got in my invitory. Anyone that has any suggestions on add ons I know there is alot out there but could use some in action tips and equipment uses. Oh I almost forgot I do have a complete military ruck sack full of wildland fire gear and shelter FF2 stuff, mainly basics. Yall have fun and send some pics if you got them, I will try to send some of mine but, I will be painting shortly, ofcourse fire engine red. But I will post them. Have fun guys and gals. I'll check in later, unit 1671 10-98,10-7 for now.
YOu need a ladder mound on the top of your Van that can swing to the side like engine 20. Also you need to put a body lift on the van with the largest rims/tires that will fit.

As far as my gear I have 2 sets (City/County) Also have a rescue knife, as well as a flashlight.
you got some nifty expensive boots. One day I will stop playing around and be a real firefighter just like you..haha. Havent seen ya around bud, where ya been hidding. hows that beatiful Gracey? Madyson had a blast at the chili supper. She calls her bestest friend. haha. well take it easy bro, we'll catch later. oh by the way I do have ladder racks for my van, I am going to put some work lights on them. Just got to wait to paint it first. Its getting warmer and closer to that though. see ya JT
Ain't been hiding....been working trying to get my house ready to put on the market, had been going through that hazmat class. Only had one class of it and I am ready for that to be over with. I have been out at the station...guess just at different times. I would have come to the meeting on Tues but I had that class.
What meeting. I think I heard of a board meeting, did we have to go I thought that one was for board members only. I dont know. Are you getting ready to move closer here? or are you going to sell first before you rebuy? You did get my message the other day. We cant get a Babysitter ever (we had one break for one night 2yrs ago but other than that) they treat my kids like a plauge. but just cleaned the hot tub and its been used. Cant wait till I uncover the pool but..... I didnt take the hazmat class because it was going to conflict with first responder. but, you see how that turn out and I think you needed some pre-equisit classes. well come by the house sometime if I dont catcha at the station. Say hi let me know your still alive . Get your Wife and come by for supper. SeeYa Bro, JT
I dont have much just a street thunder Led light bar on top strobes on all 4 corners and a federal Q for some noise, a 200 gallon booster tank with a 20hp BS and a high velocity pump and 200 feet of booster line, a set of spreaders and cutters, I have a small ram but i am still have the winning bid and a long ram on e-bay. i got a MSA air-pack with 2 spare 45 min. carbon fiber bottles, with a cascade system to refill as many as needed. I got 2 sets of gear and pro warringtons 5000 boots. I got a 1010 helmet with borkes and ess goggles, and a 4A led flashlight. I keep a leather man in my right coat pocket along with a sharp pocket knife and a deat belt cutter. In the left pocket i keep carbiners pullies and decenders. In side pocket i keep a heat gun Pants pockets I keep extracation gloves and fire fighting cloves on the right. on the left i keep rope and some webbing and a small rool of duct tape and a small tub of plug and dike. I also have a O2 bottle and BVM'S non rebreathers and nasal cannulas i have a full trama bag and pulse ox meter d-stick meter and just gat an AED. I also keep some foam and emlucifer for fule spills, and i always have oil dry on hand. I like to keep clothes and uniforms on hand cuz you never know when you will have a fire. I got a portable shower with a small water heater. I always keep some food on hand in case some one get hungary.

But thats all i got right now i know it aint alot but maby it will get me by in a pinch!
Hey wait a minute Butch, you cant count City or County supplied gear and equipment. Thats not fair, This is a P.O.V. chat. WHen do I get to see all this KICK ASS gear. I got my new boots in, and my SCBA. You think the station will let me borrow a tank? ( so the rescue squad will fill it). I am going to turn in my rubber boots tonight I think. Maybe I will get to see ya arround, if your not workin. Took the bike out for a spin today, GRRRREAT Weather, hope this is going to stay a while. Well, I will catch ya at the station. JT
IT is my pov!!!
I dont understand, Ive never seen this stuff, did you take it off and store away? or are you talking about the station trucks? Personal Owned Vehicles???
I got it all hidden on my truck, its en-cog-netto lol
Got it.?.
are you sure

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service