Ok I saw Leanne asked how long we've been involved and our status. I can't figure out how to write her back so I thought I would post it here. I decided on this wonderful career path in May. I just finished Firefighter One and will be going to the Paramedic program at the local college starting in Jaunuary. Once finished I will apply for career. Although I am getting ancy and may apply before then. Currently I am a volunteer in Dale City, VA. You guys?

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

I have been around this my entire life...My father is the Chief of my fire department, my mom is a FF1 and EMT, my 3 brothers are all involved in the fire department as well....AND of course i had to marry a fire fighter/EMT so i finally decided that when i had my son in 2004 to join the department. I just finished my EMT-B class and i am working on an Ambulance Company right now. I am looking into taking the FF1 class when it is offered around my area again.
I have been an EMT on and off for ten years. The off part was when I found out I was pregnant with my youngest and then took time off to be a mom to him. When I moved down to the small community that I am in I got back into it and have been on the department going on four years and still love it just as much as the first day.
Hi Jen sorry have not got back my internet was down. I am a volunteer I have 36 hours training in firefighting which in Ohio is a volunteer. I am an EMT intermediate. Going back to school this month to start my associate degree in EMS. Will be in medic school this fall. I have been on Hartville fire for 6 years. I am a support firefighter. My job on the fire ground is rehab and overhaul. I enjoy what i am doing but would like to go part time on the department but i have to prove myself, but seem to be doing this over and over. I am the only female on the department. take care and be safe
Hi Jen
i have been a volunteer for 6yrs in hartville, oh. I only have a 36hr, am emt-i, cpr instructor and child safety seat tech. I will be going into paramedic school in Aug. then i hope to finish my associate degree in ems and the teach. don't know if i will go on and get more fire training or not. Right now it's medic school.
take care and be safe u all. Leanne
Hello! I am a Volunteer Fire Fighter/EMT/Hazmat Tech/Safety Officer with our local fire department and I have been a member here in Ohio for 32 years. I have several family members in the fire service also. My Grandfather was the fire Chief of another department in the same township as the one I belong to. I also have an Aunt, Uncle and some cousins on the same department with me. Also my husband is the Fire Chief and I have two daughters that also belong. One daughter is a firefighter/EMT/Hazmat Tech and the other daughter is an EMT. We are a small department of about 40 members.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service