Disabled from active service in Sept. of 2002. I was severely burned at the scene of a house/gas explosion. I want something to symbolize that I was definitely being looked out for on that day from above. I thought of maybe some sort of guardian angel protecting a down fireman. I don't want it to be dark and depressing though because I have fought back with a bright outlook on the future. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It will be my first tat and I'd like it on my left upper arm. Thanks.

Views: 334

Replies to This Discussion

How 'bout this,
check out strikethebox's website and look under st. florian tats. and for an idea- under your favorite tat, put the date of the fire and maybe "thanks for looking out." it's something that shows that st. florian (patron st. of firefighters) looked out for you, and it shows your thanks for being alive...
good luck
Tommy Jr.
Omnis Cedo Domus
I like Tommy Jr's idea alot! However, in case you don't get into the whole patron saint thing or whatever, check out this site http://www.hammerdown.com/davis/page2.html all of his prints are copyrighted so you can't right click and save them to take to the tattoo artist, but maybe some of the pics will help you with coming up with an idea. By all means though I'd stick with Tommy Jr's idea of the date and "thanks for looking out".
Howard, I like the idea above, seems quite fitting. Also wanted to let you know it is possible to get tats on the scar tissue. I got severly burnt on 75% of my body when I was 10 years old ( 43 now), and have one tat on my chest. I got my tattoo artist to do a nipple with a hoop in it for me to replace the one I lost when I got burnt, the funny thing was that it was completely painless, actually tickeled at one point. Wish I could say the same about my other 11 tats, lol. Good luck with the tat.
The only thing that comes to mind after reading the story would be a wall exploding with debris flying and a fire fighter flying through the air and an Angel floating with her arms open ready to catch the fireman.It's a vague description but I hope you get a jist of what i'm trying to say and you could add to it with your imagination.The only thing is I don't know how big you wantedto go and that would depend on how much detail you can actually have.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service