Last August myself and a good bud of mine who is a Capt. of one of our Eng. Co. had been accepted to classes at our state's weekend [South Carolina] @ the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, MD. My bud said a couple of months prior to us leaving said "we should ride the bikes". I half heard him and just kind of blew the remark off. The more I thought of it the better it sounded, so we started to plan. It's about 1200 miles round trip. I was alittle worried because we were going to plan two days to get there. I had never riden that far. We figured to split the miles evenly. I'm not a young guy anymore and have the usual chronic aches and pains associated with 35 years on the job and I ride an '86' 1100 cc Sportster.
We left SC at about 9:30 with temps being predicted around 100. We planned to not do any interstates. So we rode Rt. 15 the whole way, It runs from SC to upstate NY. Well we ended up riding until about 6 pm and had put 400 miles behind us. The next day was another great day and we got to The Ott House around 4 pm. [if you have been to NFA you know Ott's]. I developed problems starting the bike by battery so had to push start it from nortern Va. on. Well enough for now. Just that the first two days were great. More later.
Ride safe bro's.

Views: 31

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service