Hey y'all. Our Explorer Post will be celebrating 18 years this fall.

We've had runs of good and bad people in and out of the Post, and are currently in a dry spell of sorts.

As the Station Captain, I'm looking to invigorate the Post and the membership a little bit.

One of the things is making sure that each kid has his/her own gear, which we will be able to do for them, using old gear of ours (we switched colors). The up side to this is that at quick glance you'll be able to tell an Explorer (they'll be in yellow gear) from a FF. We'll also be striping the Explorer helmets completely differently from ours, and from any of the towns around us as well.

What other things do you guys do in your organizations to keep you "apart" visually on the fireground from FF's? Our safety officer is recommending vests to be worn over turnouts as an added-extra measure of safety/visual identification.

What do you think? And what is it that you do to tell the difference.

Thanks,
rr...

Views: 1887

Replies to This Discussion

in LAFD we have the same gear as the FF's but our helmets are black and theres are yellow
helmets:
Blk= explorers
Yellow= FF, FF/PM, engineers, A/O's
Oragne = Capt
Red = Arson
White = Cheifs

Blue= Single function paramedics
are your explorers aloud to respond on calls and my explorer gear is black with a blue helmet
we have yellow helemts and orange gear with id tags that say exploers
hey im a explorer lt in north carolina. at my station we use old gear which is striped orange and our helments our completely orange with explorer on the side and on the bak of our coats we write explorer in orange
are u with raleigh exploere 108
In my department the explorers use the black gear and wear a yellow helmet, some actives have black gear because they havent gotten tan yet. so the only real thing is the yellow helmt amongst a sea of black ones.
In the house we have regular navy blue duty pants, the black boots ect, but our uniform shirts are baby blue and say "Explorer" on the back.
Our turnouts are the same as the paid and vollunteers, we have the choice to buy our own helmet or get and older style Cairns structural. Theres really no telling the difference, I personaly have a galls.com "Fire Dept. Explorer" decal on the back of my helmet.

We have the same style helmets as FF's (traditional) but ours are yellow and FF's are black, and our turnouts are the same color but retired. As for our station uniform we don't have class B's but we have t-shirts and polos which are gray and FF's are dark blue.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service