What one thing did YOU do today,on your last alarm that supported the NFFF and EGH program to improve safety? This is a large forum of personnel who obviously have an interest in the EGH program...so the question begs to be asked: "What was your contribution to making sure EGH, today?"

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Every time we roll, I make sure everyone is seat belted. If I'm driving, I won't move the rig til everyone is. We don't really have anyone who refuses to buckle up, and we've got clear SOP's on the issue.
For drill, this past Wednesday evening, I gathered our firefighters and did a few "trust" exercises. Then I organized a couple of our trained 1st Responders to obtain baseline vital signs, BP, HR and Resps. for all who were in attendance. On behalf of our line officers, I stated that we will try to gain vital signs before and after as many drills as possible. The vital signs were something "free" that we can do for our members. Even at this very basic level, this may help determine potential problems.It also provided some added practice for our 1st Responders. We actually found a member with an elevated bp reading, even though he has been compliant with his meds. He was surprised, but stated that he would address what we found to see if his meds needed adjusting. Last year we added "rehab" equipment to our Utility Vehicle. So, we also informed the troops that when our rehab sector is set up, the medics will be doing that for us and there will be parameters set before getting back into the game or being sent for further evaluation.

Capt. Andy Marsh
Mt. Oliver Fire Dept.
Allegheny County, PA
Station 199
Made sure everyone was seat belted for response,and wearing high visablity safety vests on the road for wires burning call.
Proper PPE, would have to be the top one on the list making sure that everyone was in full turnout gear and safety vest. Responding to a Vehicle Accident on one Major Highway in our area. Making sure that all the responding apparatus was being positioned correctly for scene safety. So many times do you hear about incidents involving emergency services personnel and apparatus at highway incidents, we are trying to make sure that it never happens so everyone goes home not only on accidents but also on each and every run.

Stay Safe
Steve
Put out cones on a wires down call. Stayed put on the scene until electric company arrived. We all were buckled up.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service