If there is any type of traning or something special you want to learn about let me or ben know. This month we will be doning IC and probley some basic scene set up. I would like to see us work on the basics first. Any sugestions drop'em here or give us a shout

Views: 243

Replies to This Discussion

Very good.

Question are the rules for establishing command the same for the County as they are in the City...I.E. 1st unit on scene establishes command by name and then gives the scene a special name.

For example Fire Fighter McCurdy will have Barton's Creek Command?
sweet, I knew we would get crackin on some real ff stuff. cant wait!! I HEAR SQUIRELS< Drills would be cool. what ever you think we need. Proper IC would be a great start. real training would be good too, but I dont want to piss the ones that already know it all off. but I am ready for some real meat.I still like the ground moves that you showed during SCBA class Butch, I will try not to break another facemask. but I wont stop until I am that smoth. you made it look natural. I learn anything yall want to teach to make me the best. see ya
the "rules" for setting up command are basicly the same. we are gonna start setting up commmand on every scene. Yes the first unit will establish command in the manner you stated. you can use your name if you like or you can use your radio number since every one has a number that is there own and they are known by that number, but as you know do not use truck numbers becouse a truck can not tell you what to do ha ha. rember on big scenes we need to try to set up a command post and assign sector/division chiefs and what not. WE also need to get back in to the habbit of using our PAR tags like we are supposed to.
JT just let anyone of us know of anyway or any thing you would like farther training on we are all here to learn. the second you think you know everything about the fire service is a second past the time you need to quit. I try to learn something on every fire scene 10-46 or FR call i go on. keep up the hard work buddy
IC is a great place to start and if we can get good participation we won't have to go back and re-train on things that most everyone has been through. We can proceed through a training program starting from the basics and working toward more advanced tactics. That is in NO WAY to say that once you have been trained on something you don't have to go back to it, but a lot of that can be reviewed on your own time or in smaller groups which reserves the monthly training time to move into newer things. As always, I try to train on something every other Thursday night during duty. EVERYONE is welcome, even though you don't stay the night. As with Butch and Ben, I am willing to help with training at other times or on other duty nights. All you have to do is let me know what you want to learn and when and I will do what I can to accomodate. Stay safe and we'll see yall tonight.
No member of any dept. anywhere in the world knows it all....and as soon as someone thinks they know it all they need to quit or retire.
Are there any "ADVANCED TACTICS" you have in mind?
I'm just thinking of tactics like vertical ventilation where everyone involved must have a good understanding of the basics (fire behavior and fire supression). These basics have to be well understood for a successful vertical ventilation. Of course SAFETY is of the utmost importance and timing can make or break the operation. There are many operations that require this type of knowledge and coordination, but vert. vent. is a big one.
Hey Wade, I wouldn't mind learning Vert Vent since I have no clue what you are talking about. HEHE. I am guessing you vent the roof hinse verticle??? That could be a start. I am up for anything. It will be summer soon and I am sure that fires will be more apt to start in the dry hoter wheather so, school is in as far as I am concerned. when you all have something to teach, dont just throw out suggestions just tell me when and where, if I cant make it for some reason I will tell you about it but, I am pretty much open for the now, once we get into the summer months I tend to get a little busier but will make provisions. See Ya tonight at the monthly.
Hey ya'll sorry I wont be at the meeting tonight....I am at station 3 at work....I am going to try to start attenting them more often.
I won't be at the meeting either, Mondays are busy for me. I'm sure I'll be missing some good training, but I'll catch up on what happened. JT, we are actually getting out of the "typically" busy structure fire season. They used to happen much more often in the winter, but we have to be ready anytime. I think butch and ben are going to be starting back with the basics and I think they will build on the basics each month, but they can tell you the plan. Unfortunately, we can't do live fire trainings anymore so it makes the learning more difficult. Everyone be careful and we'll talk soon.
Ok guys, here is an some ideas I have seen. Maybe the black bag treatment (what I heard it mentioned) where you black a broke scba mask send someone in and a rookie (me?) and a back up man (experianced)(non blacked) to the bays and have someone lie still for search and rescue (marco polo like). Or, may a fony fire, where you take wax paper inside of scba mask and both rookies are masked, you then put a beacon or bulb light in the blacked out building with (experianced) FF to stand by giving simulations of flash fires and hot spots working your way to the beacon. Or, the basic drills of plain clothes to full gear and scba, timed. or, fire classes of the basic things to look for on entry, where to maybe start fighting a blaze, when you should enter and what to look for on weekend structural points. Proper unharmful ways to actually rescue a passed out victim, buddy rescue, hostile freaked out rescue techniques, escape meathods, proper venting and when to vent. discusion on controlling anxiety and fear tactics. Proper ICS proceedures who the players are and our main goals in order when arriving in a scene. what to do when asked to: back up, entry pipe team, primary and secondary pipe teams ( for when scba run low have team on standby), basic our lifesaving tricks of the trade ( like running out of air trapped inside a structure to fog hose wide open and breath oxagen off the spray) anything. I want to learn as much from the experianced without the not so experianced butting in and taking over class. I'm geared as you know for anything, but, may not be posible for one reason or another, if any are willing to teach anytime anywhere, i'll give full attention not to blow you off or make you feel know it all or stupid. JT

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service